Timau only returns to the field on the 28th against Atlético-GO on Neo Cuimica in a match valid for the 28th round of the competition in points in a row. The Brazilian will have four matches before the first final of the Copa Brazil against Flamengo on the 12th, also at the Corinthians Arena.
+ Corinthians beat Desportivo Brasil to take Paulistao U20 stage
+ Corinthians must release a third shirt before the Copa Brazil final
The Corinthians schedule for the next game will have seven days of training. Filipe Almeida, assistant coach Vitor Pereira, explained:in an interview with Corinthians TV, importance of rest and training period:
– Such a long break in this championship is not normal. So we realized that it is important to give the players three days to rest. In addition to physical fatigue, the psychological problem is also important. I think it was useful for them to recuperate in order to be at full strength in the last third of the championship.
Filipe Almeida, assistant to Vitor Pereira at Corinthians — Photo: Rodrigo Coca/Ag.Corinthians
– Now we have six, seven days before the game with Atletico-GO, having what we would like more often, free weeks. In essence, we will try to fix what is not enough with the help of images. Nothing like field work. That’s what we’re going to do, fix things, improve some aspects that we’re missing,” he added.
The assistant also commented on whether he was pleased with the way the team is handling the training of the Portuguese coaching staff.
– It’s bad for us if at that moment they have not yet understood what we want (laughs). The idea of the game will always evolve, but there are things that remain, great principles that are fully defined.
+ See more news from Corinthians
– Basically, we change the exercises, but the goals are the same. Some we add, which is an evolutionary process, and others we want to keep on a regular basis. So, I think, first of all, it is about remembering again, correcting what we have missed. I am sure that the team will show itself strong for the decisions that will be made,” concluded Filipe.
Roger Guedes, Gil, Ramiro and Giuliano in training this Thursday – Photo: Rodrigo Coca/Ag. Corinthians
Athletes who were in the transition from the medical department to the field, this time did not receive rest and were restored at Corinthians CT. These are the cases of Maicon, Junior Moraes and Rafael Ramos.
+ See more news from Corinthians
The club released a video of Thursday’s workout, which included internal work in the gym as well as on the pitch.
Corinthians reintroduce themselves after a long break for their players
In addition, Rafael Ramos appears in the so-called “hyperbaric chamber” – a process that helps athletes recover from muscle problems.
Rafael Ramos, right-back of Corinthians, being treated for a muscle problem in a pressure chamber – Photo: Reproduction / Corinthians TV
See sequence Corinthians before the second leg of the Copa Brazil final at the Maracanã:
- 28.09 – Corinthians – Atlético-GO (Brazil)
- 01.10 – Corinthians – Cuiaba (Brazil)
- 04.10 – Youth x Corinthians (Brazil)
- 08.10 – Corinthians – Atlético Madrid (Brazil)
- 12.10 – Corinthians – Flamengo (first final of the Brazilian Cup)
- 16.10 – Goiás – Corinthians (Brazilian Championship)
- October 19 – Flamengo – Corinthians (second final of the Brazilian Cup)
+ Want to turn your football knowledge into cash prizes in every Brasileirão round? Get access to Cartola Express!
+ Let’s go Brazilians! The largest offer of games for the price that the game gives. Subscribe to premiere!
Banner of the Corinthians – Photo: reproduction
Click here, download the app and Timao will be in the palm of your hand!
+ Watch: all about Corinthians in Globo, sportv and ge